Thursday- February 21st
Weekly Warm-Up: 10 min. AMRAP
+ Today's Warm-up Movements:
*Huggers/skiers x 10 each
A. 3 sets of:
– 15 Banded Overhead Triceps Extensions @ 1010
– 15 Reverse Snow Angels (slow & controlled)
– 75-Foot Farmer’s Carry with Heavy Kettlebells
*Rest as needed, but complete everything in 15 minutes
B. “Goat Day”
On the Minute x 20
Odd Minutes: Movement 1
Even Minutes: Movement 2
“Goat” is CrossFit slang for a movement that challenges us. Examples: Double-Unders, Ring Dips, Pull Ups, Handstands, Overhead Squats. These are the best days to turn perceived “weaknesses” into “strengths.” No better way to do that than today.
We don’t improve our technique with a high heart rate–that’s what we refer to as “training”. Today is geared towards “practice,” dialing in our mechanics with a controlled heart rate. As an example, to improve the technique of double-unders, we want to practice at a low-intensity where we can really focus on the mechanics of the hands and the timing of the jump.
When we couple “training” with “practice” throughout the week in the right doses, we set ourselves on the fast track to results. Choose two “Goats” to work on, and we’ll alternate between them on each minute. Ask coaches for suggestions.
B. Mobility and Maintenance- can be done at home if needed- but do it!!
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them. (Posters or YouTube videos)
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.